A little black book to put my poems in

A collection of original poems by Jory. If you enjoy my poetry and would like to see more, donations to Jory's Fine Art Fund at the bottom of this page would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Just For You...

In all the drama and day to day nonsense that seems to consume my time, I want you to know that there is nothing in this life that means more to me than you. Today is the day that should have been. The day that we should be beginning your adventure. I'm sorry if it seems like I am preoccupied with the life that is, with the world that keeps on turning. I wake up each morning with your name in my mind, and wonder how I can keep on going. The motions are automatic and even though I don't consciously try, I just go on living, thinking the whole time that any second I am just going to fade away and become the ghost that I feel like. I am not supposed to be here without you. Today is for you and it always will be, just for you, everything else will be on hold, I hope that you can find a way to be proud of me and forgive me for not being able to protect you like a father is supposed to, I am sorry and I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself. Know that I love you, believe that I miss you, and trust that everyday you are the first and last thing on my mind. You will always be my baby boy, no amount of time will ever change that, today will always be the day that should have been, the day that I will cry and reflect on all of the wonderful things that are supposed to be. I will worry about tomorrow when it comes, there is no room for anything but you today.

I love you Jack always and forever.
Love,
Your Dad